Non Essential Changes
Non-essential changes are unilateral modifications of the Agreement.
They may include everything that is not listed in the amendment by mutual consent section. These changes include for instance, change in the headings and lines of the financial statement, change in the activities, etc.
The non-essential changes can be introduced in the interim report, or through a “Modification Request non-essential changes” .
To create this documente the partner should enter in Appel and follow this workflow.
Once submitted, it will show up as a Non-essential changes MR which becomes favourable immediately. ECHO does not have to give its approval to these changes, unless it realises that one of the changes introduced falls under the modification by mutual consent. (This may happen when modifying activities relating to cash or when modifying the monitoring section to introduce a remote management).
Partner have full flexibility to make transfers between different budget headings in the Financial Statement annexed to the Single Form, including creating new headings, to the extent that the elements requiring mutual consent are not affected. (i.e. specific objective, result, article 3 of the Specific Grant Agreement, etc). When changes are made in the financial statement, the partners present them through the non-essential changes procedures, or, at the latest, within the Final Report
Update Contact details
If contact persons in an Action need to be changed, the partner can replace contact persons or add additional contact persons by clicking the button 'Update contact details'. The pop up screen below will appear, allowing the partner to modify the information. These changes are only possible before the submission of the Final Report.
Once the changes are submitted, a non-essential change Modification Request (MR) will be created automatically, in the section “List of the modifications with Partner's justification”, indicating the reasons for the modification in the following way: “This non–essential change request document was submitted to introduce minor modifications in the contact person details in section 12.2.”
Clerical errors are unintentional additions, omissions or typographical errors made in the text of the Specific Grant Agreement.
In case of a clerical error in the text of the Specific Grant Agreement, the parties shall inform each other as soon as the error is identified and the text shall be rectified by exchange of letters (one party notifying the other of the error, and the other party confirming that it also considers the matter a clerical error and agrees to the rectification).
The clerical error shall not affect the validity of the Specific Grant Agreement.
The Partners are also required to immediately inform the Commission of any change in their legal, financial, technical or organisational situation that may put into question its compliance with the partnership conditions and criteria and/or that may create other conflicts of interests. The changes that need to be notified to ECHO as soon as possible are the following:
- Legal change: such as change of mandate of organisation, including modification of the non-profit nature of the organisation, change of name, change of official address, and so on - to be done in APPEL through a Legal Modification request;
- Change of the person empowered by the constituent act or the internal rules of the organisation to represent and legally commit the organisation (legal representative) - to be done in APPEL through a Legal Modification request;
- Change of the LEAR role - to be done in APPEL through a Legal Modification request;
- Change of the bank account - to be done in APPEL through a Legal Modification request;
- Changes of internal procedures, such as procurement procedures, security - to be done in APPEL through a Legal Modification request;
- Change in the financial situation, such as weakening of financial capacity - to be done in APPEL at the time of the periodic assessment through the periodic assessment questionnaire or by sending an email to ECHO-FINANCE-LEGAL-AFFAIRS@ec.europa.eu;
- Administrative information, such as addresses of EU liaison office, contacts, contact persons or persons entitled to sign the FPA - to be done in APPEL through the function “edit your organisation data”;
- Change in the user rights, excluding the LEAR (administrator, administrative, reader, encoder and sender) - to be done in APPEL through the function “manage user rights”.
These changes will be encoded and saved by the partners into APPEL accordingly to the following table:
|change||How to inform ECHO|
|Legal changes||APPEL through a legal modification request|
|Legal representative||APPEL through a legal modification request|
|Bank account||APPEL through a legal modification request|
|Internal procedures||APPEL through a legal modification request|
|Financial situation||APPEL at the time of periodic assessment or by email: ECHO-FINANCE-LEGAL-AFFAIRS@ec.europa.eu|
|Administrative changes||APPEL through “Edit your organisation’s data”|
|User rights||APPEL through manage user rights|