PURPOSE: is to give the possibility to the partner to introduce a request to supplement or to derogate from a rule applicable to an agreement.
1. General information
2. Humanitarian organisation in the area
3. Needs assessment and beneficiaries
4. Logic of intervention
5. Quality markers
8. Monitoring and evaluation
10. Financial overview of the action
12. Administrative information
13. Conclusions and humanitarian organisation’s comments
This section will be used by the partner to request the inclusion of provisions derogating from or supplementing the rules governing the Agreement.
These requests, if accepted by ECHO, will be included in Article 6 of the Specific Grant Agreement.
When requesting derogation or a supplementing clause, the partner will be as precise as possible about the nature of the request and will briefly explain the reasons for this request.
When the partner has been granted a permanent derogation by ECHO, the text of the derogation will automatically appear in the Single Form. The partner will have the possibility to deactivate the derogation if it does not apply to the Action.
Examples of the most frequent derogations requested by the partners:
- Exchange rate: request from a partner in a non-Euro zone to use a different exchange rate.
- External audit: request the authorisation to declare the cost of external audit where the latter is a pre-condition to work in the country.
- Remaining supplies at the end of the Action: request to derogate to the transfer or donation of remaining supplies.
- Visibility: request to derogate from visibility obligations when circumstances in the field require.
ECHO may also include derogation in Article 6 of the Specific Grant Agreement. In most cases, these articles will concern:
- Derogation to the rules of nationality and origin for Actions financed by the European Development fund (EDF).
- Request to provide additional information to be submitted in the course of the Action. (e.g. specific operational information, Terms of reference for evaluations, etc)
- Designation of the Action as an urgent action.